Medical Billing & Coding with ICD-10 Coding
Website Short Description
This billing and coding program delivers the skills students need to solve insurance billing and coding problems. It details proper assignment of codes and the process to file claims for reimbursement. Effective October 2015, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) will require that the standard ICD-9 code sets, which are used in medical billing and coding to report health care diagnoses and procedures, be replaced by ICD-10. This move from ICD-9 to ICD-10 will have a significant impact on healthcare providers and on the process by which they receive reimbursement. The adoption of ICD-10 will create enormous challenges for the U.S. healthcare system and the requirements of medical coding. Medical coding professionals keep records, calculate patient charges, and review files. This Medical Coding ICD-10 course reviews key elements of the changes from ICD-9 to ICD-10 and examines the impact of this change on the U.S. healthcare system.
We provide students with skilled instructors. Teachers who are well trained in a unique “mastery” methodology and provide one-on-one instruction to their students to ensure mastery of the course material. Many of these teachers have been instructing online for over 10 years.
All required reference materials are provided with this program. Technical requirements:
• Broadband or High-Speed (DSL, Cable, Wireless)
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
• Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8 or 10; Mac OS x 10 or higher
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 or a Word Processing application to save and open Microsoft Office formats (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
• Internet Browsers - Google Chrome is highly recommended
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Adobe PDF Reader
- Certification included